Single supplement: EURREQUEST A QUOTATION
Let us share why you absolutely must visit the Danube Delta in Romania – it's like a hidden treasure chest waiting to be discovered by someone as you!
First off, the Danube Delta is a nature lover's dream come true. Picture this: you're cruising through a maze of serene waterways surrounded by lush greenery and vibrant wildlife. Birds of all colors and sizes greet you from the sky, and curious dolphins playfully surf the boat's wake. It's like stepping into a real-life Eden, and the feeling is pure magic.
Now, here's the cool part – the Danube Delta is like a Noah's Ark for biodiversity. With over 5,500 species of plants and animals, some found nowhere else on Earth, it's a conservation success story. You'll be mingling with pelicans, herons, and even the cheeky Danube Delta horse, a unique breed that's a symbol of the region's resilience.
But it's not just about the animals; it's the people too. The friendly locals in quaint fishing villages will welcome you with open arms. They've got stories to tell, traditions to share, and food to die for. Think fresh fish dishes that'll make your taste buds dance with joy – a true culinary adventure!
And guess what? You'll be part of something special here. The Danube Delta is all about sustainable tourism. By visiting, you're supporting efforts to protect this natural wonder. It's like a high-five to Mother Nature herself.
Plus, it's the perfect escape from the daily grind. The delta's soothing atmosphere lets you leave stress behind and recharge your batteries. Imagine watching the sun set over the water, turning the sky into a masterpiece of colors – it's pure bliss.
So, pack your sense of wonder and adventure and head to the Danube Delta.
Nature's grandeur, friendly locals, and unforgettable experiences await you.
It's a place where the world slows down, and you'll find peace, beauty, and a warm welcome around every corner. Don't miss out on this incredible journey!
- The first day is dedicated to arriving in Romania at Henri Coanda/Otopeni Airport in Bucharest and exploring Bucharest on foot.
You'll meet your local tour leader on arrival and drive into the city of Bucharest, your hotel beeing located downtown Bucharest.
Transfer time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 30-40 minutes.
After settling in and a brief presentation of the itinerary, you will enjoy a walking tour of central Bucharest, followed by dinner.
Services included: Airport transfer, accommodation, dinner.
– After a healthy breakfast we depart for Tulcea, the gateway to the Danube Delta. The transfer takes 3 ½ - 4 hours, but we will have stops along the way.
During our journey in the Danube Delta, we will have 2 places to stay, one in the fishing village of Crisan, located on the Sulina branch, and the second one in Uzlina village, located in the Southern part of the Danube Delta.
Embark on an unforgettable journey from Tulcea city to Crisan fisherman's village via a scenic boat transfer. Glide along the Danube's tranquil waters, passing through the heart of the Danube Delta's breathtaking landscapes. As you approach Crisan, you'll be greeted by the charming, rustic village nestled amidst the delta's pristine beauty. It's a serene and enchanting way to reach this hidden gem in Romania.
Crisan is a fishing village situated on the Sulina branch, the main navigable branch of the Danube, which flows into the Black Sea in the area of the town of the same name, Sulina.
Accommodation for the next 3 night will be on a family run guest house, double rooms.
Services included: breakfast, packed lunch, dinner, accommodation, both types of transportation – bus and boat.
– Visiting Letea Forest in the Danube Delta is like stepping into a prehistoric world, where time seems to have stood still. Located in the northern part of the delta in Romania, Letea Forest is a unique and enchanting destination that offers a captivating blend of natural beauty and cultural richness.
As you venture into Letea Forest, you'll be greeted by a dense and ancient woodland, where massive oak trees, some of which are over 500 years old, rise majestically towards the sky. The forest floor is covered in a lush carpet of vegetation, and the air is filled with the sweet scent of wildflowers. It's a paradise for nature enthusiasts and photographers alike, with ample opportunities to spot a variety of wildlife, from wild horses and water buffaloes to a plethora of bird species.
One of the most fascinating aspects of Letea Forest is its eerie and surreal landscape. The forest is home to strange, twisted trees known as "cobblers' pegs" or "witches' brooms," which add an otherworldly charm to the area. These formations are believed to be the result of a unique combination of environmental factors.
While exploring Letea Forest, we also visit the Letea Village, a charming settlement nestled amidst the wilderness. Here, you can experience the local way of life and savor traditional Romanian dishes. Don't miss the opportunity to try "zacusca," a delicious vegetable spread, and "mamaliga," a cornmeal porridge.
In Letea Forest, you'll discover a world where nature's beauty reigns supreme, where the past and present coexist harmoniously, and where every moment spent in this pristine wilderness feels like a journey back in time. It's an experience that leaves a lasting impression and a deep appreciation for the natural wonders of the Danube Delta.
Late in afternoon we are going back to our base camp, Crisan village, accommodation at the same place as day before, duration of the boat trip is 4-5 hours.
Services included: breakfast, lunch in Letea village, dinner, boat transfer, accommodation
– A day for Sulina town and free time on Black Sea shore. We will take our boat from the village of Crisan to Sulina in the morning and back again in the evening. We'll have a picnic lunch on the beaches of Sulina, prepared by our host in Crisan, and enjoy free time on the beach but also in the town of Sulina.
Sulina, a picturesque town nestled in the heart of the Danube Delta, beckons travelers with its unique allure.
Sulina has a rich maritime history. It once served as a bustling port on the Black Sea, and its architecture and Light tower museum reflect its maritime heritage. You can explore historic lighthouses, old shipwrecks, and learn about the town's past at the Sulina Museum.
The town boasts stunning sandy beaches along the Black Sea coast. These quiet, unspoiled stretches of sand offer a serene escape where you can unwind, swim, or simply enjoy the sun and sea breeze. The town's mix of cultures, including Romanian, Russian, and Ukrainian influences, adds to its charm.
Visiting Sulina in the Danube Delta promises a harmonious blend of nature, culture, history, and tranquility, making it an enticing destination for anyone seeking an authentic and enriching travel experience.Duration of our journey today is 5-6 hours.
Services included: breakfast, picnic lunch on Sulina beach, dinner, boat transfer, accommodation.
– Time to move from Crisan fisherman village to Uzlina fisherman village, in the Southern part of Danube Delta. Embark on a captivating journey through the enchanting waterways of the Danube Delta as you travel from Crisan fisherman village to Uzlina fisherman village. This scenic boat ride is an exploration of the delta's unspoiled wilderness, a passage that immerses you in the heart of nature's wonders.
Leaving Crisan behind, we'll navigate the intricate labyrinth of canals and lakes that crisscross the Danube Delta. The tranquil waters mirror the azure sky, while the dense reed beds and lush greenery on either side create a serene, untouched landscape.
As you drift along, keep an eye out for the abundant birdlife, from elegant herons to majestic pelicans, that call this pristine habitat home. The delta's diverse ecosystem unfolds before your eyes, offering glimpses of water lilies, floating villages, and hidden oases of serenity.
Accommodation for the next 3 night is on a lovely guest house in Uzlina village, air-conditioned double rooms.
Services included: breakfast, lunch in village, dinner, boat transfer, accommodation.
– Just as we have enjoyed the lakes and canals of the northern side of the Delta, we will enjoy those of the southern side, as the village of Uzlina gives us access to other beauties of the Delta. On this day we will take a boat trip on the Sfantu Gheorghe Canal, the southernmost of the 3 Danube canals, between which the Danube Delta is formed. We return to Uzlina on Lakes Puiu and Isac, enjoying the tranquility of the canals we cross. This is the longest day of our Danube Delta tour, only 7-8 hours.
Lunch will be served at a guesthouse in Sfantu Gheorghe, fish of course! Accommodation at the same place in Uzlina. Embark on an unforgettable boat journey from the quaint Uzlina village to the picturesque Sfantu Gheorghe village in the heart of the Danube Delta. As you glide along the tranquil waters, lush reed beds and vibrant wetlands surround you, creating a serene natural tapestry. Keep your eyes peeled for the diverse wildlife that calls this delta home, from graceful herons to elusive otters. The ever-changing landscapes and the soothing ripple of the river make this voyage a soothing escape into the untouched beauty of nature. Savor the peace and solitude of this remote paradise as you navigate towards Sfantu Gheorghe, where adventure and relaxation await at the river's end.
Services included: breakfast, lunch in village, dinner, boat transfer, accommodation.
– The time has come to say goodbye to the Danube Delta, but not before taking the last boat trip from Uzlina to Murhighiol, crossing the Sfantu Gheorghe canal once again, an endless stretch of water. The transfer takes 20 minutes, and after a coffee and a last look at the blue Danube, we will take our minibus to Constanta, the main Romanian city on the Black Sea coast, where we will have lunch after a short walk on the cliffs, and arrive in Bucharest in the afternoon.
Accommodation in the same hotel as the first day.
After a relaxing break at the hotel, we will walk to a restaurant near the hotel for dinner.
Services included: breakfast, lunch in Constanta, dinner, transfers, accommodation.
– Breakfast and free morning until airport transfer.
We hope that your journey in the Danube Delta was pleasant, relaxing, a tour that gave you the opportunity to enjoy the Danube Delta, the food served, the biodiversification of the area and last but not least, that the quality of our services met your expectations!
Duration of the transfer to the airport is 30-40 min, and we have to be on airport with 2 ½ - 3 hours before the departure.
Services included: breakfast, airport transfer
Price of the tour presented above is 1195 EURO per person, in a group of 10 participants, in double room occupancy.
On the mentioned price are included all the services during the trip, accommodation, meals, transportation by bus, transportation on Danube Delta, and professional guide during the trip.